Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
“Your children will become what you are; so be what you want them to be.” - David Bly
“Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it.” - Harold Hulbert
“Don't limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time. -Rabbinic saying
“A child becomes an adult when he realizes that he has a right not only to be right but also to be wrong.”- Thomas Szasz
“If we are to have real peace, we must begin with the children.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
“It takes a whole village to raise a child.” - African Proverb
“When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.” - I Corinthians 13:11
“If you can give your son or daughter only one gift, let it be enthusiasm.” -Bruce Barton
“Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.” - Jim Rohn
“True obedience is a matter of love, which makes it voluntary, not compelled by fear or force.” -Dorothy Day
“What a child does not receive, he can seldom later give.”
-P. D. James
“A child's life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark.” -Chinese proverb
“The work will wait while you show your child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do the work.” -Patricia Clafford
“Pretty much all the honest truthtelling there is in the world is done by children.” -Oliver Wendell Holmes
“Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him.”
-The Bible, Psalm 127:3 NIV
“It is better to bind your children to you by a feeling of respect and by gentleness, than by fear.” - Terence
“If you instill in your child a love of the outdoors and an appreciation of nature, you will have given him a treasure no one can take away.” -Ted Trueblood
“Level with your child by being honest. Nobody spots a phony quicker than a child.” - Mary MacCracken
Saturday, July 25, 2009
- Sort before you wash. Get at least two hampers, labeling one “whites” and one “darks.” When you're finished with clothes, put them in the right hamper and save yourself the trouble of sorting before you wash.
- Put a stain stick in each bedroom, next to the hamper. That way, whenever you or one of your children is undressing, you can pretreat a stain before it really sets (and you don't have to fish through and try to find the stained item later.
- Keep a laminated copy of a stain remover chart (listing how to get lipstick, blood, chocolate, dirt, etc., out of clothes) next to the .
- When folding laundry, bundle related items together for quick grabbing by rolling or folding them together. This might include bundling together full sets of gym clothes, underwear, and bed linens.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Your loved one will start with a M! they will stay with you every second of your life if they really could, but they will respect your space and leave you alone when you really want to be, this person loves you very much, dont forget that.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
1. Do you have a tattoo...? If so what and where is it? If not do you have a secret desire to have one?
~~I don't have a tattoo and no desire to ever have one.
2. You have been offered a free botox treatment...where do you have them put it?
~~ Thanks, but no, thanks!
3. Do you have a good luck charm? What is it? Do you think it works?
~~ No, I don't! I don't believe in charm luck either.
4. When was the last time that you said something to someone that you REALLY wished you hadn't said?
~~ Most of the time when I yell with my son when he does no't listen to me, and the result, gets hurts.
5. The bath water is running, the phone is ringing, the dog is barking and there is someone at the door.....what do you do?
~~ Turn the water of, check the caller I.D., and maybe decide to answer while walking towards the door. We don't have a dog. If we do have one, I will tell it to stop.
6. Your best friend from high school just popped in from out of town. Do you offer them a place to stay or suggest a hotel?
~~ First I will be surprised; then offer her to stay in our guestroom.
7. Have you ever seen a ghost?
~~ Yes, I believe I did when I was a child. It was my playmate's grandfather.
8. Someone is driving in front of you rather erratically and slowing you way down...now you see that they are talking on a cell phone and checking themselves out in the mirror. The other lane is blocked off so you can not go around them. What do you do?
~~ Press the horn to remind them that they should drive the speed limit. They should never talk on the cellphone in the first place while driving for it is dangerous. I slow down and give them enough room, to save myself from accident.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
2. Brush morning and night. The dentist tells you to do it for a reason! It's important to scrub those chompers once in the morning and once again before bed.
3. Don't smoke! We understand this is a tough one for many of us, but it's important for your teeth and important for your body. It can be tough to quit, but the rewards are well worth it.
4. Try to minimize coffee consumption. We're not telling you to kick your daily cup of coffee--just advising that you might want to reconsider cups 3, 4 and 5. For your teeth's sake.
5. Floss! Often times small pieces of food are trapped between your teeth and manage to evade the truth brush. Pick these off with some good dental floss.
This weeks question is:
What do you wish you could adjust around YOUR schedule, instead of the other way around?
It would be the schedules of the time when the opps will be available, so I can grab opps as well as do my chores without any conflicts :-)!
What do you want this week? Share it all.
I want to weather to be nice on my son's birthday so I everyone would be happy when we do it outdoor.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Spreading this love award to all my friends on my bloglist:-); this is for you guys, so grab it!
Friday, July 10, 2009
Now I'm passing this award to the following friends I met on the blogsphere. Grab this guys, for you are all my elite artist friends.
Amy , Dhemz, Meryl, Chuchie, Jane, Cacai M, Madz, Beng, Katherine, Vhing, , Clarissa, Jane , Lulu, Cookie, Umma, Lisa, Liza, Sweetiepie, Beth, Rose of Etcetere, Etcetera, Joops, Imelda, Shy, Niko, Juliet, Sweetiepie, and everyone that is on my Friend's Link List.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
That needed special care
"Take care of these tiny gifts
For they are very rare."
"Watch over them with all your love
And let them feel your touch
Take care of their every need
For you are needed very much."
"These gifts will grow up very fast
As you soon will see
Love them with all your heart
And let them be what they will be."
"When these gifts have fully grown
Look at Heaven up above
Know they exist because of God
And all his precious love."
Monday, July 6, 2009
|Your Soul is Welcoming|
You are a warm hearted and open minded person. It's easy for you to forgive and forget.
You are a very grounded, responsible, and realistic person. People may not want to hear the truth from you, but they're going to get it.
You see yourself with pretty objective eyes. How you view yourself is almost exactly how other people view you.
Your near future is all about change, but in very small steps. The end of the journey looks far, but it's much closer than you realize.
For you, love is all about caring and comfort. You couldn't fall in love with someone you didn't trust.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
- Where were you 2 hours ago? At Mc Donadls having lunch with my son.
- What is the first blue item you see? Picture of LDS temple hanging on the wall.
- Do your prefer use a pen with black or blue ink? I like black ink better.
- When was the last time you skinny dipped? None, I don't swim naked :-)!
- What did your last text message say? I can't remember...will check my cellphone later.
- Where is your best friend? In the Philippines.